Portland Rossini Club concerts are about an hour, without intermission, on Sunday afternoons. Four performers or ensembles are usually programmed per concert allowing about 10-15 minutes for each performance. Longer performances can usually be accommodated when discussed with the program chairperson.
- Concert attire is semi-formal.
- Solo performers are encouraged to perform by memory, but are not required to do so.
- Portland Rossini Club ordinarily does not pay its members or guest artists to perform.
For more information contact the program chair.
Associate Members are those who are interested in helping the Club achieve its goals of
- Providing live music performance to the public
- Encouraging young musicians by sponsoring scholarships for students in Southern Maine
Associate Members are admitted free to concerts and receive information about upcoming programs as well as our newsletter Rossini Notes.
Associate Members may wish to provide help by
- Collecting admission fees at the door
- Offering support to those in charge of post-concert receptions
- Volunteering their specific skills in legal, financial and other matters
Associate Members may hold any office, except that of President or First Vice President, and vote at business meetings.
Subscribers are entitled to free admission to all concerts. They receive information about upcoming programs but have no voting privileges and may not hold office.