August 3rd Update.
Sunday, August 21st, 2021 at 6:30 p.m.
Performers: March Steiger, voice; Lucas Roy, guitar and voice; Michael Bostock, piano; maineblend, acappella; Cassy Hayes, voice.
Date: August 21st
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Place: Portland Community Squash Center, 66 Noyes Street, Portland, Maine
See our list of upcoming Events on our Calendar
June 9th Update: Winners for the 2022 Scholarship Awards
Lucia A. Wright Piano Scholarship
First Place: Brian Liu of Brunswick, Maine
Barbara C. Littlefield Vocal Scholarship
First Place: March Steiger
Second Place: Kayleigh Hunter
Honorable Mention: Jonas Rimkunas
Emily K. Rand Instrumental Scholarship
First Place: Alexander Lehmann
First Place: Jenna Pavis
Honorable Mention: Charles Picone
Saturday, June 4, 2022 beginning at 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. at Woodfords Congregational Church in Portland, Maine
These scholarship competitions are open to all residents of the State of Maine. Applicants must be above the age of 17 and be registered as music majors in the Fall of 2022 at any accredited music school, college, or university.
April 25th Update
Sunday, May 15th, 2022 at 3 p.m.
Portland Rossini Club Program
- Anthony Ayer, second place winner of the 2022 Ocy Downs Piano Competition, will perform Lili Boulanger’s Prelude in D-flat
- Olivia Christopher, soprano, will perform songs by Amy Beach, Richard Strauss, Lori Laitman, and Ricky Ian Gordon
- March Steiger, soprano, will perform songs by Schönberg, Boulanger, Donizetti, and Mozart Stella Faux, violin, with pianist Miriam Schwanauer, will perform Bartok’s Romanian Dances
March 27st Update
Concert on April 24th, 2022. The program includes the following:
- Soprano Torrey Gimpel, with pianist Mark Braun will perform arias by Richard Wagner, Alfredo Catalani, and Stephen Flaherty
- Lydia Forbes and Myles Jordan will play the Virtuosic Duo for Violin and Cello by Maurice Ravel
- Pianists Leah Neuchiller and Ruth Matt will play movement 1 of Beethoven’s Symphony No. 3 in E-flat Major, the Eroica, for four hands
March 1st Update
Sunday, March 27th at 3 p.m. The program includes the following Pianists performing Bach, Chopin and Liszt in memory of member pianist Richard Roberts (1933 – 2016)
- Steve Blumenthal plays three preludes and fugues from Book I of J.S. Bach’s Well-Tempered Clavier
- Sydney Patten plays Chopin’s Nocturne, Op. 48, No. 1, in C minor
- John Thorpe plays Chopin’s Ballade in G minor
- Jonathan Prak and guest Laura Kargul perform the Liszt Piano Concerto No. 1
February 1st Update
February 27th Concert. The program includes the following:
- William Grant Still’s Lyric Quartette performed by Eleanor Lehmann and Betsy Hooper,* violins, Susanna Adams, viola, and Katherine Berry,* cello
- Ginastera’s Danza de la Moza Donosa Chopin’s Nocturne No. 20 in C Sharp Minor played by pianist Sydney Patten
- Florence Price’s Dances in the Canebrakes played by pianist Mark Braun
January 23rd Update
The Rossini Club’s January 23, 2022 concert has been changed due to the unfortunate increase in COVID cases.
Instead of the previously scheduled live performance, the Rossini Club will host an online presentation of concert highlights from 2019-2021.
Duo #2 in B flat major, K. 424 Adagio-Allegro; First Madrigal H. 313 (1947) by Bohuslav Martinu; and Tango “For una cabeza” by Carlos Gardel
- Pianist Diane Walsh performs the Brahms Intermezzo in B flat minor, Op. 117 No. 2; Rhapsody in B minor, Op. 79 No.1; and Rhapsody in G minor, Op. 79 No.2
- Sopranos Malinda Haslett* and Danielle Vayenas, with pianist Scott Wheatley*, will perform arias by Offenbach, Puccini, Mozart, and Herbert
The online presentation will air on Sunday, January 23 at 3:00 p.m.